Everest believes that professional conduct and team member mutual respect are key attributes to all business activities.
Well-planned and efficiently conducted team activities are poised for success. Participation by all team members provides balanced effective business results. A positive culture, workplace enjoyment, and employee satisfaction has lead Everest to success. The following team norms promote the success and professionalism of all business activities at Everest.
- Engage in CCAC (Customer Focused, Can-Do-Spirit, Advanced Technology, and Continuous Improvement) behaviors.
- Every member is responsible for the team's progress and success.
- The team will strive for consensus, but will defer to expertise.
- Decisions will be made with 75% agreement to an 80% solution with 100% support from all members of the team.
- It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure his or her voice is heard.
- Listen to and show respect for the contributions of other members; be an active listener.
- Focus discussion on the ideas, not the people.
- Resolve conflicts constructively.
- Attendance at meetings is important. Be on time and come whenever possible.
- The chair person of the meeting will update those who are absent.
- No rank during a meeting.
- Pay attention during meetings - avoid disruptive behavior.
- Avoid side conversations in meetings.
- Everyone participates - no one dominates.
- Be succinct; avoid long anecdotes and examples.
Most importantly we believe everyone should HAVE FUN!