This Policy was last updated on October 16, 2018.
Everest is committed to providing our visitors with a web site that respects their privacy. Some pages on our site require personal information to be collected so that we may provide information or services requested. The purpose of this policy is to explain the collection and handling of personal information in these situations.
Types of Personal Information We Collect and Protect
The choice to provide Everest with personal information is always yours. Personal information collected may include your name, email address, home or business address and phone number, current position title. Our website may collect information from you for the following purposes:
- You may submit your personal information in response to a career opportunity within Everest.
- You may provide your personal contact information so that we can provide you with information to a specific request.
- In submitting a request for access to protected areas of our web site, you will be required to provide personal contact information.
- If registering in our Investigator Registry, you will be required to provide personal contact information.
- While navigating through our site, Everest web servers collect anonymous/non-personal information electronically for analytical purposes; information collected includes IP address, browser type, operating system, and access times. This information is collected so that we may analyze usage in an effort to continually improve our site.
European Union data and Switzerland data that is directed to our U.S. offices is protected according to the Privacy Shield Policy Statement reflecting the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework program and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework program, in which Everest participates https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. For more information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information provided to Everest may be used for the following:
- To respond to your request about a career opportunity.
- To deliver services and information about Everest that you request.
- To provide you with access to protected areas of the Everest website.
- To provide you with a user account to facilitate your participation in a clinical trial conducted by Everest.
- To include your information in an investigators registry so that you may be offered to participate in Clinical Trials conducted by Everest Clients.
Everest understands the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information. We limit the information we collect to what is needed for the purposes for which it was collected, and will only use it for those purposes. We will obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for any other purpose. The information collected will be retained only for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as permitted by law.
We will not release your personal information to other persons unless one of the following conditions apply:
- Where we have your consent.
- Where we are required by law, regulation, subpoena, or judicial or government order to be disclosed, provided Everest shall promptly notify you upon such request for disclosure and prior to such disclosure to permit you to oppose such disclosure by appropriate legal action.
Everest is the owner of all information collected on this website. If your personal information is collected and processed in the context of your participation in a clinical trial, the Clinical Trial Sponsor is the owner of the personal information collected.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may request to view personal information Everest holds about you and may request that the personal information be updated or removed. If you have any complaint regarding how your personal information is used, the Everest Privacy Officer can be contacted by referring to the “Contact Information” section below.
How Everest Protects and Retains Your Personal Information
We will protect your personal information and maintain its quality. Personal information collected online is stored on secured databases with appropriate safeguards in place to prohibit access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
The Everest Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
Brian Wettlaufer, Privacy Officer
c/o Everest Clinical Research Corporation
675 Cochrane Drive, East Tower, 4th Floor
Markham, Ontario, Canada, L3R 0B8
Tel: +1(905) 752-5208
Fax: +1(905) 752-5223