Everest Clinical Research (“Everest”) is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength…that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking a committed, skilled, and customer-focused individual to join our winning team as Network and Security Specialist for our Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada location.
- Assist in and/or implement the design of information security controls in computing systems, applications, and network software/hardware.
- Assist in and/or implement the design, implementation, and maintenance of various information technology network security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks, anti-virus, anti-spam, web filters, and network account access.
- Assist in architectural design of the network over which all enterprise services, systems, and applications operate.
- Perform internal network security audits using various standard network security tools and processes.
- Maintain all system and network addresses, documentation, diagrams, and account information.
- Responsible for capacity planning, anticipating future network needs, and proactively identifying solutions to satisfy needs.
- Assist in the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of a disaster recovery solution by ensuring all systems and data are duplicated to an alternate data center.
- Provide monitoring, support, and maintenance of Oracle production, standby, and test databases.
- Perform network monitoring, server administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure that all critical security and system patches and services packs have been applied to servers and network components.
- Participate in the development of corporate policies, SOPs, and standards in the following areas: network and systems security, business continuity, systems/data backup and recovery, computer access control and usage, daily administration, and maintenance.
- Evaluate Internet-wide security threats in relation to local systems.
- Plan and implement company-wide additions, upgrades, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure in coordination with corporate leadership.
- Provide Helpdesk support, including daily technical support to users on PC computer resources and applications to include support and use of the Cisco phone system, tele- or video-conference equipment, and office tools such as fax and photocopy machines.
- Consult with customers, suppliers, peers, and department colleagues to evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to existing systems, networks, and procedures in alignment with the latest industry technologies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc. or B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10 years’ related experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of Information Technology, expertise in large enterprise systems infrastructure architecture, design and integration, specialized knowledge in networking, information security, and systems/database administration.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, control and follow up on activities in IT development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Must communicate effectively, orally and in writing with personnel on all professional and administrative levels.
- Contribute to the investigation and implementation of new systems.
- Participate in and contribute to the Corporate efforts in maintaining, improving or establishing new systems and technology; ability to troubleshoot complex systems, network-, and security-related technical issues.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected]
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other opportunities, please visit our WEB site at www.ecrscorp.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.