Principal Biostatistician, Toronto/Markham, Ontario Canada and Little Falls, New Jersey, USA Locations (on-site and remote)
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength...that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking committed, skilled, and customer-focused individuals to join our winning team as Principal Biostatistician for our Toronto/Markham, Ontario Canada and Little Falls, New Jersey, USA locations (on-site and remote).
This position functions as a technical and operational leader interfacing with clients and leading internal statistical and programming teams to achieve clinical development project/program objectives. The accountabilities of this position are described below.
- Work with an Associate Director/Director and/or Senior Director of Statistical Operations to manage clinical trial programs/projects from one or multiple clients. Provide day to day technical and operational leadership to project teams supporting these programs/projects.
- Provide statistical oversight on projects in the assigned drug development programs/projects, ensuring sound statistical methodologies in study design, sample size estimation, statistical analysis planning, statistical modeling, data handling, analysis and reporting.
- Coach, mentor, develop, and provide technical review, advice and expertise to less experienced Biostatisticians as well as Statistical Programmers assigned to the program/projects.
- Provide statistical input in protocol design and development. Participate in the writing of trial protocols and research proposals.
- Serve as a primary biostatistician, working effectively with interdisciplinary teams to contribute strategically (through innovative ideas or applications) to drug development and commercialization at the study and drug compound/therapeutic areas levels.
- Review and provide input to clinical data management deliverables, including but are not limited to the following: eCRFs, eCRF Completion Instructions, data validation specifications, Data Review Plan (and the ongoing data review tables, listings, and figures in accordance with the Plan), and Data Management Plan.
- Write Statistical Analysis Plans, Statistical Reports, and statistical methodologies sections of Clinical Study Reports. Perform peer review of SAPs and other technical documents written by others.
- Perform hands on statistical analysis and modeling, and maintains expertise in state-of-the-art statistical methodology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate core statistical tables, listings, and figures programmed by statistical programmers and/or biostatisticians, ensuring that core results for each responsible trial are complete and accurate. Perform overall Quality Control review on statistical deliverables before they are released to the clients.
- Review and confirm ADaM dataset specifications. Perform quality control activities on ADaM datasets programmed by other statistical programmers and biostatisticians.
- Provide statistical consultation to medical and clinical trial personnel for the publication of trial results, and participate in the writing of abstracts, manuscripts, posters, and presentations.
- Ensure all study level as well as drug program level statistical and programming activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and applicable standards/conventions.
- Interact with regulatory agencies and support sponsor in new drug application. This includes participating as a statistical liaison to the regulatory agency on behalf of the sponsor company and ensuring documentation, statistical results, and study datasets meet the regulatory agency’s requirement/expectation (e.g. CDISC).
- Perform statistical and programming resource management, capacity analysis, benchmarking and metrics. Participate in the continuous improvement and maintenance of statistical and programming governing documents.
- Contribute to organization development and growth by participating in the interview and evaluation process for professional applicants.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Ph.D. degree in statistical science, mathematical analysis or related fields with at least 7 years relevant experience or a Master’s degree in these fields with at least 10 years relevant experience, with demonstrated exceptional ability and performance.
- Significant contribution, outstanding and sustained performance may be used in lieu of the requirement on the number of years of relevant experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to the applicable country email address:
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other opportunities, please visit our WEB site at www.ecrscorp.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.