Office/Research Assistant, Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada (on-site) Location
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength...that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking committed, enthusiastic, and details-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills to join our winning team as Office/Research Assistant for our Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada (on-site) location.
Office Assistant (the duties/tasks as described below are the primary duties/tasks for this position)
- Manage all incoming calls to the company general phone line including screening and directing calls, taking messages while ensuring knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support in a timely manner for Senior Personnel of the company.
- Ensure that the employee out-of-office calendars are up to date on a daily basis.
- Greet and direct visitors to the office.
- Maintain and review inventories of general and special office and kitchen supplies, including stationery and beverages for the office and order to replenish as needed.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence including international couriers, local couriers, and mail deliveries.
- Support office expense tracking and management activities such as documenting and filing business invoices, updating invoice trackers for key functional areas, and mailing cheques to Everest vendors.
- Coordinate logistics for client visits, conferences, employee meetings and social / wellness events. Logistical planning and execution activities include catering, activity coordination and travel arrangements.
- Maintain a tidy and pleasant office environment by monitoring the overall airflow, temperature, lighting, clock time, proper alignment of furniture and wall art, etc. Coordinate with vendor to maintain office plants.
Research Assistant (the duties/tasks as described below will not be assigned to the incumbent if the Office Assistant’s duties/tasks will require one full-time worker)
- Provide ad hoc research assistant support to the clinical trial project teams.
- Perform data entry and processing activities for assigned projects. These tasks are performed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with Everest and trial sponsors’ requirements.
- Assist in performing data quality control procedures during the trial, and additional database closure checks at the end of the study.
- Validate and distribute study monitoring reports to internal and external study team members.
- Maintain and prepare for final archival of documents relevant to the assigned clinical trials, and assist the corporate archivist in assembling and archiving such documents.
- Assist data management quality assurance (QA) personnel in performing QA procedures on trial Case Report Forms (CRFs), database schema and databases for assigned studies. These QA procedures include but not limited to the following: performing line-by-line checks on subject data listings against completed CRFs; comparing database schema against annotated CRFs; comparing final paper CRFs against CRF images that were captured during the trial.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected]
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other opportunities, please visit our website at www.ecrscorp.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.