Office Manager, Shanghai, China (on-site) Location
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, and flexibility is our strength. That’s us, that’s Everest.
To help with the expansion of Everest’s Shanghai site and maintain an effective and efficient office operation, we are seeking a skilled and services oriented Office Manager to join us at the Shanghai site.
Shanghai Site Office Manager Accountabilities:
This position is accountable for providing high quality and timely administrative support to the management team for the Shanghai site operations, and also managing effective and efficient office operations to provide a professional, clean, and well-organized work environment for employees. The Office Manager is a trusted and reliable key resource and is central to enhancing productivity of the management personnel for the Shanghai site and ensuring smooth running of Everest Shanghai office.
- Provide high quality administrative support services (routine and ad-hoc tasks) to the management team for the Everest Shanghai operations. Routine administrative activities include schedule management and meeting bookings for the managers, mailing/courier services, communication liaison, and preparation of PowerPoint presentations, reports, correspondences and agendas, etc.
- Manage office facilities to uphold a clean, organized and well-maintained office environment. Act as a primary liaison between Everest and external facilities management service providers, as well as the key point of contact for employees for matters relating to the office facilities.
- Maintain an employee contact list. Maintain organizational charts for the Shanghai site. Manage employee attendance records and perform reconciliations between attendance records and timesheet reports semi-monthly.
- Order office supplies such as stationeries and kitchen supplies. Maintain an up-to-date list/tracker of vendors and suppliers related to office operations, build a strong relationship with selected vendors, and work with vendors and Everest Finance and Executive Management team to implement purchases that are within reasonable/expected budget. Identify and negotiate cost savings opportunities (e.g., via vendor consolidation) where possible.
- Manage space planning, office renovations, furniture purchasing, office cleaning and plant management services for the Shanghai office. Identify deficiencies and safety concerns within the office facility, arrange maintenance/resolution of deficiencies and safety concerns, and coordinate other office vendor services.
- Make business travel arrangements for employees where required. Contribute to the maintenance of and perform training on the company’s business travel policy and guidelines.
- Lead facilities and office clean up and preparation activities in advance of external guest visits to the Everest office (e.g., for client visits, audits, Everest Shanghai office visitors, business partner visits, etc.) and help make local arrangements for visiting guests (e.g., airport limousines, hotel and meal arrangements) as required.
- Act as a primary contact between Everest and the office building management. Disseminate communication/announcements from the office building management team in a timely manner.
- Be a primary escalation list member for security and office disaster recovery notification procedures.
- Support office-related new employee onboarding activities such as ordering office building access and security cards, performing training (e.g., fire evacuation, office etiquette), and workspace preparation.
- Participate in the planning and execution of company staff social and celebratory events per Everest guidelines.
- Assist Human Resources (HR) Management personnel in performing staff recruitment and engagement processes, tasks include but not limited to doing job postings and contacting recruitment agencies regarding candidate recruitment, setting up candidates for interviews and technical tests, setting up reference checks and background checks, developing employment contract agreements in both English and Chinese using existing templates.
- Assist new employee on boarding processes, and the tasks include but not limited to setting up employees’ work station/desk, preparing for new employee handbook and orientation paper work, scheduling new employee training and orientation activities and follow up to make sure new hires fulfil their training requirements.
- Assist in other Shanghai site HR and Finance and Account activities when required.
- Take on ad hoc tasks from the managerial personnel from both Shanghai site and the Corporate Headquarters.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of new standards and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the office management process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 8 years’ related experience providing administrative support to executives and/or managing office operations, preferably in the Health Sciences sector.
- A post-secondary degree is required.
- A comprehensive knowledge of office administration tasks and standards to plan, organize and maintain a high quality and professional office environment.
- Must communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with personnel on all professional and administrative levels.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Word for professional document preparation, Microsoft PowerPoint to develop simple presentations, and Microsoft Excel to develop tracking documents and perform simple calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for business information and decisions, and exercise professional discretion in supporting the implementation of business initiatives and communications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, acting with a proactive attitude, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Good project management and problem solving ability, with the capacity to effective prioritize tasks based on good business sense, and work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected] or to the job agency representing Everest Clinical Research.
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other job opportunities, please visit our WEB site at www.ecrscorp.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.