Office Administrator, Shanghai, China (on-site) Location
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, and flexibility is our strength. That’s us, that’s Everest.
To help with the expansion of Everest’s Shanghai site and maintain an effective and efficient office operation, we are seeking a skilled and services oriented Office Administrator to join us at the Shanghai site.
Shanghai Site Office Administrator Accountabilities:
This position is accountable for providing high quality and timely administrative support to the management team for the Shanghai site operations, and also managing effective and efficient office operations to provide a professional, clean, and well-organized work environment for employees. The Office Manager is a trusted and reliable key resource and is central to enhancing productivity of the management personnel for the Shanghai site and ensuring smooth running of Everest Shanghai office.
- Provide high quality administrative support services (routine and ad-hoc tasks) to the management team for the Everest Shanghai operations. Routine administrative activities include schedule management and meeting bookings for the managers, mailing/courier services, communication liaison, and preparation of PowerPoint presentations, reports, correspondences and agendas, etc.
- Greeting and directing of employees, visitors, and office vendors.
- Manage all incoming calls to the company general phone line including screening and directing calls, taking messages.
- Manage office cleaning and plant management services. Identify deficiencies and safety concerns within the office facility, arrange maintenance/resolution of any deficiencies and safety concerns, and coordinate other office vendor services. Provide feedback to the building management regarding the up keep and cleanliness of common areas such as the hallways around the office entrance and common washrooms.
- Ensure the office space is maintained at a high standard for air quality, properly set comfortable temperature and airflow, quiet and bright work environment that is clean and tidy. Provide feedback to the cleaning crew to set good standard for them to follow.
- Maintain an employee contact list, telephone list and working hours listing and ensure the master out of office list within outlook is current. Review the Everest timekeeping system (Timesheets) on a semi monthly basis in order to ensure accuracy. Maintain Training, Vacation and Leave of Absence database and perform reconciliations between attendance records and timesheet reports semi-monthly. Notify payroll of any absences and bring to management attention any discrepancies.
- Issue and revoke access control cards, addressing control questions from Everest’s central monitoring team, interacting with IT regarding any issues with the access control system.
- Maintain, review and when required order office supplies such as stationeries and kitchen supplies and beverages. Provide guidance to employees on kitchen equipment usage and maintenance. Maintain an up-to-date list/tracker of vendors and suppliers related to office operations, build a strong relationship with selected vendors, and work with vendors and obtain approval from Everest Finance and Executive Management team to implement purchases that are within reasonable/expected budget. Identify and negotiate cost savings opportunities (e.g., via vendor consolidation) where possible.
- Make business travel arrangements for employees where required. Contribute to the maintenance of the company’s business travel policy and guidelines.
- Lead facilities and office clean up and preparation activities in advance of external guest visits to the Everest office (e.g., for client visits, audits, Everest Shanghai office visitors, business partner visits, etc.) and help make local arrangements for visiting guests (e.g., airport limousines, hotel and meal arrangements) as required.
- Act as a primary contact between Everest and the office building management. Disseminate communication/announcements from the office building management team in a timely manner.
- Be a primary escalation list member for security and office disaster recovery notification procedures.
- Participate in the planning and execution of company staff social and celebratory events per Everest guidelines.
- Assist new employee on boarding processes, and the tasks include but not limited to ordering office building access and security cards, setting up employees’ work station/desk, preparing draft announcement, preparing draft orientation and training schedule, preparing the new employee handbook and orientation paper work, ensure paperwork is completed in a timely manner, scheduling new employee training and orientation activities and follow up to make sure new hires fulfill their training requirements and perform office related training (e.g., fire evacuation, office etiquette).
- Assist Human Resources and Accounting with ad hoc tasks when required. Take on ad hoc tasks from the managerial personnel from both Shanghai site and the Corporate Headquarters.
- Assist with the development of new standards and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the office management process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly professional, motivated and committed individual.
- Previous office experience is an asset
- A positive, can-do attitude and customer-focused approach.
- A professional appearance, with ability to deal effectively and courteously with all staff, customers and general public.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in both Chinese and English with personnel on all professional and administrative levels.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Word for professional document preparation, Microsoft PowerPoint to develop simple presentations, and Microsoft Excel to develop tracking documents and perform simple calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for business information and decisions, and exercise professional discretion in supporting the implementation of business initiatives and communications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, acting with a proactive attitude, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Good project management and problem solving ability, with the capacity to effective prioritize tasks based on good business sense, and work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected] or to the job agency representing Everest Clinical Research.
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other job opportunities, please visit our WEB site at www.ecrscorp.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.