HR Generalist, Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada (on-site) Location
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength...that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking a committed, skilled, and customer-focused individual to join our winning team as HR Generalist for our Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada (on-site) location.
- Performs the full recruitment cycle including review of job descriptions, creating and posting jobs, screening resumes, completing phone and in person interviews, regularly communicating with hiring managers and search providers regarding the status of positions, etc. The main focus of these tasks will be within the Canadian operations but will be required to provide additional administrative support for US and China Operations.
- Implements recruiting strategies and techniques to source top talent.
- Prepares documentation and performs activities related to employee onboarding, promotions, performance review tracking, internal transfers and other employee changes.
- Facilitates various HR training activities as necessary.
- Manage Canadian benefit enrollment and benefit changes.
- Supports HR and other department leaders with projects and assignments as required.
- Monitors changes in the regulatory environment and recommend revisions to ensure policies and programs meet changing requirements.
- Assists with developing and updating new and existing SOPs, HR policies, work instructions, etc.
- Executes or leads strategies and programs to improve overall engagement.
- Inputs and maintains data in an HRIS system and other tracking systems.
- Performs other duties and completes additional projects as assigned, commensurate with job knowledge and experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Commerce Degree
- Post-Secondary diploma in a Human Resources related field is an asset
- 3-5 years working experience in Human Resources within a similar role.
- Experience recruiting in a similar technical, scientific or pharmaceutical environment is an asset.
- CHRP, CHRL or other related HR designations are an asset or must be prepared to pursue.
- In-depth knowledge of ESA and other legislative requirements.
- Experience working within a small department at a mid-size company or at a private company is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, control, and follow up on activities related to Human Resources.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with personnel on all professional and administrative levels; possesses a high attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected]
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other opportunities, please visit our WEB site at www.ecrscorp.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.