Clinical Trials IWRS Monitor, Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada Location
Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Everest’s headquarters are located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada with additional sites in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, and Shanghai (Pudong Zhangjiang New District), China. Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength...that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking a committed, skilled, and customer-focused individual to join our winning team as a Clinical Trials IWRS Monitor for our Toronto/Markham, Ontario, Canada location.
The incumbent will act as the primary support liaison for both the internal (Everest) and external (customer) users of the Interactive Web-based Response System (IWRS), an application that manages patient registration, randomization and drug assignment across a broad portfolio of clinical trials.
The primary objective of the Clinical Trials IWRS Monitor is to ensure accurate, reliable, high quality and timely response and resolution of customer support requests. Requests from internal and external users are made through direct calls to the IWRS Helpdesk hotline, and emails sent to the IWRS support mailbox. This role will primarily be supporting international clinical trials study sites and will be provided with additional language translation support, and Everest advanced Tier 2 escalation contacts if necessary to effectively support non-English speaking callers and/or complex requests.
The incumbent will gain detailed knowledge about every clinical trial-specific IWRS supported through extensive training, participation in application design and testing, training by lead IWRS Monitors and functional leads and regular review of IWRS study-specific monitoring instructions. With both general and study-specific knowledge of IWRS applications and study-specific processes, the Clinical Trials IWRS Monitor will apply this knowledge with critical problem solving skills to receive and resolve all requests from users with professionalism, customer-orientation and accuracy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from clinical trial sites or other trial personnel, gather required information from the caller, analyze the user’s issue and identify the optimal solution to resolve caller’s questions in a timely manner.
- Review IWRS helpdesk user inquiry emails, gather additional required information for the requestor, analyze the user’s request and identify the optimal solution and response to effectively resolve the request / issue.
- If an issue is urgent and cannot be resolved without further technical / functional support, the incumbent is responsible for redirecting phone calls to Everest advanced IWRS functional or technical personnel when required, and coordinating follow up actions.
- Record and maintain detailed information on each call in a call log, classify the reasons of the phone calls and other call characteristics, provide summary statistics for all the calls using standard computer programs.
- Participate in IWRS user acceptance testing and other IWRS project activities to gain deep application and functional knowledge specific to each trial being supported.
- Support IWRS monitoring checks and documentation to ensure data and IWRS processes are performing as expected.
- Participate in other clinical trial operational support activities when the call volume is low.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be fluent in English, both verbally and written. Fluency in one other language is an asset. The candidate must be comfortable using web application technologies, and has prior customer service / support experience. The incumbent must have a University degree in health science, physical or biological fields, or computer science. Experience in clinical research, call center support, pharmaceutical sciences are assets.
- Excellent voice and courtesy skills that provides an exceptional customer service experience
- Aptitude to learn and retain IWRS application rules, support procedures and broader related clinical trials processes to effectively troubleshoot and support user inquiries
- Ability to think on the spot, apply critical thinking skills to triage user issues and formulate optimal responses
- Able to effectively and appropriately interact with callers and Everest internal staff via phone and written email communications
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and comfortable with technology and web based tools
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Adaptive to varying customer knowledge and skill levels (patience)
- Adhere to all company security and privacy standards, and other policies and standard operating procedures
How to Apply:
Please send your application along with cover letter to [email protected]
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research and to review other opportunities, please visit our website at www.ecrscorp.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everest is committed to upholding the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and upon request we will provide accommodations for candidates participating in any part of our recruitment and selection process.